VoIP has an abundance of features to choose from that can help your company be more productive. All small business telephone needs will vary a little depending on the type of business. For example a plumber will need to utilize the call forwarding feature more often than a grocery store. With the plethora of features available there is something for just about any type of company. The most common features tend to be: call forwarding, unlimited calling, auto attendant, conferencing, and music on hold.
- Call forwarding gives you to ability to forward your calls to a different number or directly to a voicemail account. This means you can be away from your desk and have the call forwarded to wherever you are or if you are in an important meeting you can have it ring to voicemail so it doesn’t interrupt the meeting.
- Unlimited calling is one of the largest benefits of a VoIP telephone system. On a VoIP system calls are transmitted in small data packages over broadband. This eliminates the old fashioned phone line and makes calls more affordable for companies. Instead of paying by call you pay by user and each user is able to make unlimited calls from their phone line. This feature alone can save companies upwards of 30% off their phone bills depending on the number of outgoing calls.
- Auto attendant is another great feature because it answers the phone and forwards the call to the correct department or person instead of interrupting your employees and their work. This feature also has the ability to play custom messages from the company or music for the caller while they are on hold.
- Conferencing is a commonly used feature that gives your company the ability to host office-wide meetings so all of your employees can be on the same page. IF you have more than one office it is not a problem. Conferencing can keep you connected to every location you own.
- Music on hold can be a separate feature from auto attendant. This will allow your company to have the initial person-to-person greeting while allowing your customers to hear your sales, important messages, or relaxing music while waiting for the employee to return to the call.
These are just a few of the common features of VoIP. There are also e-faxing capabilities, voicemail to email, call blocking, holiday schedule, and many more features to enrich your business options. So make the switch today to the best small business telephone! Call Affordable Telephone Systems to come install your VoIP telephone system and start using your features now!
Affordable Telephone Systems 866-666-9650
Reliability and Functionality! . . . Our Commitment Guaranteed!!